Discuss Porcalin tiles onto plasterd wall in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

have a job coming up tiles using a fairly large think they were something like 250x550 asked the question first how long has the plaster been layed wich was 5weeks going to brush it down but any recommendations on adhesive?? (using bal products ) will the rapid set cement based bagged addy be ok?tubbed is a no go I assume!? Also should i prime it to be safe side only a feature wall in a kitchen of roughly 3sqm nothing to big area wise...

T

terrycoe1

just come across this on the bal tech website i thought tubbed ready mixed would be a dead cert no :-?
If using BAL cement-based powdered adhesives, apply 2 coats of neat BAL Prime APD or BAL Primer or 2 coats of BAL Bond SBR diluted 1:2 with water.
If using BAL ready-mixed adhesives, priming is not necessary UNLESS the plaster is very shiny and dusty. If so, brush surface with stiff bristle brush and prime with BAL Prime APD or BAL Primer diluted 1:1 with water or BAL Bond SBR diluted 1:4 with water.

T

terrycoe1

Just the one socket the rest of the kitchen is being don in small subway tiles these are covering one wall 3m2 feature wall going to offer my personal preference they want them straight set but going to see what they think of vertical brick bond to tie in with the rest of the kitchen he smaller sub meat tiles will be horizontal brick bond long prosses then with the smaller wall all ways the way!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcalin tiles onto plasterd wall in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Advice would be appreciated on whether I should use some sort of levelling compound to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm new to tiling and am looking to start learning from working on my own projects. Am...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB