UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Porcelain floor tile Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

slikt

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy porcelain tiles 600x600 around 14sqm and i'm looking for a plain off white/ ivory colour with no grain or effects within, i've looked at various sites and after reading some stories of tilers etc buying tiles that are ill fitting etc, I was wondering if there was a 'good' place to get them from and also, what should I look for when buying them, sealed, waxed, honed and are they all give or take 2-3mm in size difference as I really want to keep the grout lines to a minimum?

Many thanks

Yeah i've read that, ive never laid porcelain and not got any experience of them, wanna get it right.

I have replied in your other thread as well but for my 2 penneth, if your not in a rush and want to take your time don't use the rapid set adhesive, go for a standard set flexi and you can take your time, remember to back butter the tiles with the flat edge of your trowel as you fix them so as to get 100% coverage :thumbsup:

S

slikt

I have replied in your other thread as well but for my 2 penneth, if your not in a rush and want to take your time don't use the rapid set adhesive, go for a standard set flexi and you can take your time, remember to back butter the tiles with the flat edge of your trowel as you fix them so as to get 100% coverage :thumbsup:

Cheers Alan, :thumbsup:

To be honest, I always use the single part flexi but I was told to use the rapid (never really like having to work within a timeline). . I'll stick with what I know and love using BAL single part. . lol

D

Daz

There are loads of really nice 60 x60 polished porcelain tiles in the market. They are normally consistent in size (unless you purchase them from B&Q where you get what you pay for) so you should have no issues with maintaining a 3mm grout joint. I always use a rapid set for floors but that is just my preference. Also, I prefer white addy when working with light coloured polished porcs.

Regards,

Daz

D

Daz

Here's one I did earlier.....

IMG_0643.jpg IMG_0644.jpg

Good luck,

Daz

S

slikt

Reply to Porcelain floor tile Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Porcelain floor tile Questions
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.