UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Porcelain per sq metre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wivers

I've just been to look at a job. The house is massive and the guy wants 55 square metres of porcelain 600 x 600 on the floor. Ply has already been put down all over and its screwed down properly. Just a bit stumped on a price for porcelain tiles that size, any helpful sugestions on prices by the metre for tiles like these would be a big help.

Thanks.

Oh yea also the guy wants them on the bathroom walls too. Hes lining the walls out with Wedi board which i know is a great surface to tile to but will it hold all that wheight?

L

Leatherface

First - weght ok for walls.
Second - you should be looking to at least £33 per sq metre all in. £35 if you can get it, porcelain harder to cut & adhesive more expensive. Bigger tiles harder to work with. Not always quicker than 300 x 300. If there is any deviation on the floor it will show up big time. So still be prepared to have to re-bed some of the tiles as you are laying. Use Karl Dahm Special floor trowel, Will give you more leeway.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This is a hefty job really thinking about it. I'd make sure you price accordingly. Your standard rate needs to be almost double in my opinion. And ensure you let the customer know the materials are more expensive too, I guess the customer would have already been advised this by the tile shop though.

Watch out for trying to get the floor tiles line up with the wall tiles. It's bloody hard work, so I'd ask if you can go diamond on the floor and square on the walls or something. Or spend a fair bit of time on the set out and set both the walls and floors out at the same time if you are requested to get the wall tile joints line with the floor ones.

Wediboard - Bloody brilliant stuff and will carry more weight than plasterboard I believe as it is cement based and has extra grunt due to the structure of it.

If the floor has been overlay-ed with plywood, you should be ok with flatness I think, and the walls similar really. Just use a large format trowel if that's the case and bed those tricky ones where a screw or something is not helping you.

If the wedi is to create a wet room type affair and is meant to be sealed. Make sure the wedi jointing tape and wedi screw are used as per the wedi guarantee.

I'd still perhaps tank the last 12 inches near a shower tray though etc. Just to get the wall part of the tray and water running down the wedi then will fall into the tray.

That's all i can think of off the top of my head :D

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelain per sq metre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.