Discuss porcelain tile cutting help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

reeves1985

I'm building a custom vanity unit to fit into a space which is looking great so far.
When looking around for ideas for the top and like the idea of a tiled top but didn't like having joints or grout lines (it would look silly as its only a small cabinet and space) I've realised I can get the desired effect using just one 60x60 tile (great)

So I have the tile I will need to trim 3 edges which I have a cheap wetsaw I'm sure can do that as the don't need to be perfect as the cut edges will be hidden.

My question is:
Without getting all fancy Dan and buying anything expensive for this one cut what is the best method to cut the hole for the basin.
It doesn't need to be a brilliant and can be crude because the edges will be covered as the basin is a ouvermount type.
I have a angle grinder, a cheap wet cutter, a dremel
Oh and the tile is 10mm thick

Thoughts ?

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to porcelain tile cutting help in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB