Discuss Porcelain tiles??? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cityone

Hi lads, i'm just about to finish my second large floor job in the last month, (42m2 floor, using 600x300 porcelain tiles) what i have noticed with the tiles on both jobs is that the tile is slightly bowed in the centre, if i put a spirit level across the tile it rocks from side to side meaning that when i level both ends of the tiles the centre is higher producing "lippage" has anybody else come across this problem with porcelain tiles???? and if so why are they bowed??? thanks in advance for any feed back.

Q

Qwerty

Yes this can be common in some porcelain tiles. It mainly affects cheaper porcelain but over the last few years even some quality tiles have bowing. It's caused during the firing & curing process. I'm sure somebody else can explain the science behind it though! The trick is to pick two tiles up in the showroom and lay them flat, face to face. This soon gives a quick indication if bowing is present.

What tiles were they?

Any pics?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelain tiles??? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had both polished and matt textured wood effect tiles laid in my house and am having...
Replies
Views
Hi I am attempting my first tiling job. I have 8mm porcelain tiles and it is a wetroom so I have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB