Discuss Porcelanosa mosaics.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stocks Tiles

OK so I'm currently doing a large job and one of the shower trays covers around 3sqm and they have chosen a mosaic tile from Porcelanosa. The tile is branded Noohn mosaics, paradise tinybroken edge gris. I laid these yesterday morning as per instructions that came in the box and grouted this afternoon as instructs to give 24 hours, clean water used and no mess whilst laying and i have grouted with a titanium coloured grout. They have come up terrible, I'm hoping someone may have experienced anything with this tile?! I have taken a picture of a fresh sheet next to the laid and grouted ones, now of course the customer is going to be expecting the colour they are in the box! Certain sheets seem to have gone a sandy colour, I'm hoping that when I go back on Monday that they have all gone to one colour but I'm not holding out hope.

If I've done as per instructions say, who would be at fault if they end up patchy? They looked OK whilst laying them (off cuts of patchy sheets I have kept to one side now to show I didn't originally fix a off coloured sheet), washed them as I laid with clean water and now they've been grouted and washed 3 times as instructed they look terrible!

Help lol

20160729_141833.jpg

S

Stocks Tiles

Thanks for the replies, I will see how it goes over the weekend and have a look on Monday and hope it's moisture :/

No they were not sealed because the instructions didn't state to do so, just said to not use black or anthracite coloured grout on them - the instructions were step by step from preparing to grouting and cleaning off. The grout I used is a close match to the tile itself so I wasn't worried about staining them with the grout and I didn't leave it on for too long either. It's the going a sandy colour on some sheets that has concerned me and I really hope that it's just moisture as I've never had a problem with a stone material before and I'd hate to be having one now!

Thank you again

S

Stocks Tiles

Thank you for the replies guys, several sheets over the 3sqm had changed colour once cleaned and it is a whole sheet not a mark as if it was like I had wipe a load of adhesive over and stained it, it's a perfect square! The two shades in the picture of the laid tiles are from.the same box too and like I say until cleaned they looked example try the same.

I will have a look on Monday and I've made the project manager aware, the customers have purchased over 200sqm of plank tiles from them (although they screwed up and only sent 172!) and 71sqm of wall tiles, there are these mosaics and around 5 sqm of treasures shannan mist moon mosaics all from porcelanosa so hopefully they stand a reasonable chance of an argument should the tiles be dodgy. I just can't see a sandy colour returning to grey but several things have surprised me recently lol.

Thanks again

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelanosa mosaics.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve put up mosaic tiles and some of them (the shiny metal ones) have a protective film...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB