Discuss Powered speaker tripped circuits four times over a couple weeks, insulation tester result seems ok, need advice. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Powered speaker tripped circuits four times over a couple weeks, insulation tester result seems ok, need advice. Discussion ThreadPowered speaker tripped circuits four times over a couple weeks, insulation tester result seems ok, need advice. Electrical Advice

Hello, stating I am not an electrician,

I have purchased a fairly expensive set of used powered studio monitors and I’m concerned about one of them. I was switching the power switch at the back and I’ve switched it off quite poorly where it went back on itself and as it was half way between on and off the whole house tripped, set off the alarms etc. I assumed maybe it was some kind of arc from poorly switching off the power switch.

I then remembered the upstairs tripped the day I received them, and I think I plugged them in around the same time.

Now the other socket in my office is for some reason wired to downstairs, a week after the other incidents I switched off everything at the wall, all on an extension including this speaker, and that seemed to trip the downstairs sockets.

Happened again when I switched the power on at the wall a couple days later.

The device works fine when on, seems to be in a state of powering on or powering off.

I got out the Megger BM80 I’ve got and tested the insulation and it’s at 370MegaOhms both poles to ground.

Can anyone explain what could be happening and what I should be doing. Are there any other tests I can do. Thank you for any advice.

Powered speaker tripped circuits four times over a couple weeks, insulation tester result seems ok, need advice. for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Powered speaker tripped circuits four times over a couple weeks, insulation tester result seems ok, need advice. Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Powered speaker tripped circuits four times over a couple weeks, insulation tester result seems ok, need advice. Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks