UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss pre sealed porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

can the nanowax preseal be removed from polished porcelain? a customer of mine says that under certain lighting he can see the preseal and it looks like a dull haze, he is by his own admission is nightmarishly fussy,he has some spare presealed tiles which he has compared to unsealed tiles which he likes better as it doesnt have the haze from the sealant has any one had this issue before?

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
it was nano technology black polished porcelain i bought from a well known outlet....they were taking on water stains from fixing so i stopped when i noticed and they gave me the info on the tile and although it was nano sealed they still needed sealed before fixing this was on there info literature,i was advised by the shop verbally that they didnt need sealed however before i started the job.

i looked into it and it seems diff manufacturers have different processes for the nano technology..... i check all tiles now nano or not before fixing

S

Spud

the tiles arent showing any water marks and are well sealed we did the felt tip pen test and they were fine ,they have a nice deep shine and no scratches when we left the job it looked great but I know he has cleaned them with washing up liquid which normally leaves smears on polished porcelain but he says the spare tiles are the same as the installed ones so I will need to go and see what he means

T

tfs

the tiles arent showing any water marks and are well sealed we did the felt tip pen test and they were fine ,they have a nice deep shine and no scratches when we left the job it looked great but I know he has cleaned them with washing up liquid which normally leaves smears on polished porcelain but he says the spare tiles are the same as the installed ones so I will need to go and see what he means

Tell him they are not being used in the same conditions as the tiles that are actualy fitted. The floor will be taking all sorts with foot traffic, cooking, splashes etc.

In my experience these tiles smear easily. Im sure a little bit of grimex helps with the wax on them initialy but as far as remving the seal goes you would probs need something stronger like Power stripper by LTP but it would be worth checking with LTP first just to be sure.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pre sealed porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi there First time poster - have had a tiler come and do our kitchen floor in terracotta...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.