Discuss precautions when using acidic grout haze cleaner in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

El Kabong!

Hi,

I'm about to use a grout haze cleaner, which I gather is quite a strong substance. I have to do wall and floor tiles.

I was hoping somebody could advise me on how to protect the following items, if at all:

- chrome fittings (just wrap in masking tape?)
- silcone (where the planes meet)
- porcelain (toilet base, shower tray)
- plastic/chrome trim pieces

I guess I should have cleaned the tiles before all the above were in place, but I'm only a trainee expert!

Many thanks.

T

Time's Ran Out

Apart from the chrome and plastic the haze cleaner should not affect the porcelain or silicone. Protect the other with masking tape, use in a well ventilated area (fumes can leech into chrome) and do small area at a time and wash with plenty of water. Follow instructions on bottle carefully and do a discreet test area first. Take care using all personal protection equipment required for eyes and skin.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to precautions when using acidic grout haze cleaner in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
Hi all. Having bathroom redecorated with new rules from floor to ceiling. In my opinion the...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
J
Dear Tilers, I'm desperate for some advice from someone who may have made the same mistake I...
Replies
Views
F
Hello everyone. I am over here in the USA, but noticed, when googling for info on Mapei grouts...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M
J
Hi, i'm very new to this and have a few questions. I'm planning on having a bash at recreating...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
Hi I am looking to purchase a textured tile called Jewel from topps tiles, they have small...
Replies
Views
Speedoman
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB