Discuss Prep for solid floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

H

hopefultiler

Hi All. first post on interesting forum, learned loads already so thanks.

I have a utility room floor to tile with 30cm square tiles. A new kitchen has already been fitted including units in the utility. The existing floor is 6 inch tiles on a concrete floor. They are rock solid, when you try to move them they send razor sharp splinters everywhere so my plan is to tile over them.

I know this is not ideal from what I have read here but given the fitted units in place it is the easiest option. I believe the plan of attack should be clean, prime and fix with flexible adhesive. I have a Wickes, Screwfix and Tile Giant nearby, could anyone recommend the best products to use please?

Thanks, Tim

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Prep for solid floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB