Discuss Preparation to walls after taking old tiles off,and to re-tile after ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tony4173

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is a tiling question or a plastering question,maybe both.

Just been today to look at a job for a friend to tile 15m2 in his bathroom. He has removed the old tiles but the adhesive is stuck that well to the wall it would take about a month to take it all off nibbling away at it in readiness for re-tiling, My question is....what is the best way to tackle the bad walls as obviously it has to be flat for a better and easier tiling job. On one wall there is a concrete lip running across the wall above the bath.
Do I ....

(A) apply a thin set bonding coat ,and would this be strong enough to take the tiles after ?
(B) thickish skim coat ?
(C) sand/cement render coat ? or any other options excluding dot n dab (expensive).

Thanks for your time

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Preparation to walls after taking old tiles off,and to re-tile after ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am performing a repair job in the bath tub and took off a few tiles. The previous...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I would just like to start off by saying that I've been in the construction industry...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB