UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Price for Tiling Kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Just because it took about 3 days for about 9.5sq mts of tiling, how would you like it to be reflected in your price? You could charge for 3 days work and IMO you'd be overcharging the customer or you could charge a metre rate and you may be out of pocket for 3 days work!
There are also other factors in a price - travel time/distance (diesel)/parking fees/estimate costings etc.
So in general I'd suggest a rate that both you and your customer would be happy to pay/receive.
Just a bit surprised that the discussion is after the work has been completed.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Thank you for your comments , just a question if you can do a job like this in a day and half or two days how do you managed things like adhesive going off , laying floor tiles ,moving wasting machine, dishwasher ,and not disturbing the newly lay floor tiles,plus getting the grouting done, I am very keen in getting my speed up any tips would be very helpful.
Kind Regards

rapid set adhesive mate, best thing ever invented..

T

TheWrightTiler

agree day and a half 2 tops

charge her 300 all in

90 for floor at 20 m2
10 per linear foot for splashy so 165
45 ish materials

using rapidset you can grout after 2 - 3 hours

remove white goods and slacken off sockets, tile it

come back next day and grout and wash

job done bobs yer aunty and all that guff mate

speed will come with experience concentrate on doing a good job is a must

andy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Price for Tiling Kitchen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Price for Tiling Kitchen
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.