Discuss pricing advice for 2 small toilets/shower rooms in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

B

brendanbreeze

Hello all,

A little advice needed please,

just wondering how much to charge to floor tile a toilet/shower room 1sqm and a toilet with sink room 1sqm. There is no prep work and will be laying straight onto ply. The customer is supplying the 30 x 30 riven black tiles. Also any advice on grout type and addy would be great...Oh and tile sealing.

I know this is a tiny job but there is a potential for a lot more if they like my work.

Thanks very much.....Brendan.

S

Smithy153

I'll give this a little go as i've done something very similar recently.

Firstly you need to ensure the ply is of correct thickness and there is no movement in the floor needs to be rigid. Minimum thickness for the ply is 18mm. Its normally suggested that the ply is sealed on the bottom and the sides to ensure no moisture is taken up. If this hasn't been met and height is an issue you could suggest using hardibacker boards or similar.

You need to use a flexible adhesive and grout on wooden floors.

You need to supply a bit more info on what tiles they are so people can advise on sealing if required at all.

These are quite fiddly jobs especially if the toilet sink hasn't been removed cos majority of tiles will need to be cut. I would charge this at your day rate and use a rapid setting adhesive. Get in and lay the first floor. This will be setting while you lay the floor in the other room. After the 3 hours setting time get back into the first and get grouting then move onto the 2nd room.

It will all depend on your speed if you think you can get it all done in a day charge a day rate if not and you feel you'll need a day to lay and then pop back the next and do the grouting i'd charge a day and a bit. Hope that helps. If you give some more information on the tiles im sure people will advise further on sealing if required

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
S

Smithy153

It all depends on grout line size. On floors BS is a minimum of 3mm, Just chat it through with the customer.

You may want to check how consistant the tiles are in size as they can sometimes differ by a mm or sometimes more. I used a 5mm joint on the floor i layed which had tiles a similar size which makes it easier to make slight tweaks to allow for these differences.

Its all down to taste really Mapei do a huge range of grout colours and have the ultracolour plus range which is flexible so would suit your job. I personally don't like white with black if grout lines are getiing on the larger size. I personally quite like a grey grout with black tiles

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pricing advice for 2 small toilets/shower rooms in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi guys, I'm new to tiling and looking for some advice. I'm practical and usually pretty good...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB