Discuss pricing up for bathrooms, help. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matthew77

Hi all

I have a bathroom i need to price up but i'm having a few problems with working out my price as so far all my work has been done on day rate, I have done some work for the customer already (When i worked for someone else & now i'm self employed) & she was happy with the work so she's after a rough idea of the cost. The work is for labour only. the tiles are 300 by 200 and will be layed in landscape, brick fashion.

I've got a rough idea of how long it will take me to tile the wall areas, but I'd like some advice on pricing up for tiling the boxing, cutting around wall mounted toilets & sinks, window reveals & bath panels . I have seen somewhere on this site advice on prices for cutting out for plug sockets in kitchens, but not on bathroom furniture.

thanks in davance

Matthew

T

tiler tom

If you have done work before then you know how much she is expecting to pay on a dayrate. Now look at the room and ask yourself how long it is going to take to tile. Two days , three days, 2hours for that boxing, 3 for the panel and so on. Tally it all up x your day rate rounded up and thats your price. You can then judge by what has been paid before if it is fair. :yes:

T

tiler tom

Whitebeam is right about learning the hard way by losing out it is all about experience. Boxing and reveals are a pain. It might seem like a small area to tile but it is all cutting and trim which is usually metal and ends up taking longer than you thought so over estimate if anything.
We have had pricing on the forum before asking the question do you charge per socket in a kitchen and so on, it is not practical. You have to look at the whole job ask yourself how long it is going to take and go from there. Remember a kitchen with a load of sockets with a small tile can take as long as some bathrooms.

Hope this helps Mathew

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pricing up for bathrooms, help. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB