UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss pricing wall and floor jobs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wivers

Personally i take it as 2 seperate jobs, and give them an estimate for both. I would go on a m2 rate on the walls and day rate on the floor if its too small to make enough money on the m2, although be careful that you don't give them a day rate for the floor and it takes you 2 whole days to complete. I've done this a couple of times, and the second day was so anoying coz it was like doing it for free. Also try and work out how many days u think the walls will take to do and compare the m2 to the amount you want to be earning daily see if it matches.

D

djfarmer

thanks for that.i was thinking bout pricing it like that.just wanted to hear how others would price it.

i never thought bout the pricing in terms of how much my day rate would match in with the amount of time a jpb would take.just made that mistake.qouted a large bathroom by the m2,ended up spending a whole day more than i thought at it because it was full of auckward cuts.kinda worked a day for free

C

Concept PHT

Lol. It's nice to be part of a forum that doesnt see new tiler's as a threat to their work ! lol I cant see me stealing much work off Leatherface in Halifax ! It would cost me £100 notes just to get there in my Paj !!!! lol

All are welcome here barrie, old and new. Infact, the new tilers pass on new legislation and tricks to the 'old and bold'. lol :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to pricing wall and floor jobs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.