Discuss Priming Bathroom?? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Tanking is a way of stopping any water ingression from damaging the substrate(background).

When using a shower the grout gets wet and water can pass through to the adhesive bes and this i n turn wets and then moisture soaks into the substrate and can cause mould etc and even tiles to de-bond.

Ply isn't an ideal background to tile to on walls but by tanking at least it will prevent mould etc.

Tanking can be of either a paint on solution kit or a membrane that is applied just like wallpaper and stuck on with flexible cement based adhesive.

This video will show you how.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigKorqimGk]YouTube - Durabase wp wet room tanking membrane dura-wp[/ame]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Priming Bathroom?? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
I have recently stripped the bathroom. I have 2 walls in non water area. One wall is new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB