Discuss Private loans in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Exactly the same as hirte purchase, renting a tool, skip hire etc. It's just another expence/over head i believe. I think you can even claim some tax back against it too.

I'm pretty sure that it's treated as any other loan would be and offset against tax at the end of the year

I

Ian

The way my van loan works is, I'm paying for it over 60 months, every tax year 12 months is taken off my tax allowance. It's the better way of doing it because my accountant told me that if I'd paid straight out for it (let's call it £10,000) it would still be divided up over 5 years, so £2000 coming off the tax allowance per year. Basically whatever the monthly repayment x12 is, is included in your business expenses at the end of the year. Or that's how I understood it anyway!!!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If you loan the business 5k, you're allowed to take that 5k back without needing to pay tax on it I believe. Though it does need recording.

So if you've got a private loan, you've got the cash yourself, you lend it to the business, and then when payments come out of the business to you (for wages etc) you'd discount the figure from that. So you'd only end up paying tax on drawings from whatever the figure is onwards.

I've loaned my Ltd company 10k when I sold the car that was privately owned, for the amarok that is owned by the business. So when I worked the Tax out, I simply discounted 10k first, and then started with the 7-odd thousands tax-free that you'd normally start with, and then go on from there.

Had to show A) the receipt for the porsche (so it's not money laundering or whatever) and show the amount going from personal to business account, and then going from that to VW, and then I took the cash back in stages wage-wise, so noted that each upto the 10k was coming back from the loan.

Speak you your account though as I think I missed out on interest or something similar so diddled myself a little, but not sure.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Private loans in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone! Just want to say first of all that I am not a tiler or anything I’m just in need...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB