Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Problem with my wet cutter wheel? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hello,

Ive noticed over the last few days my wet cutter is not feeling very smooth when i go through ceramics...... some shards flying off when i cut.... which is unusual?

I noticed when I turn the cutter off and the wheel slows down you start to see it moving from side to side slightly which becomes more apparent when it does its last few rotations?

Ive took the wheel off and cleaned behind and around it. The round screw which the wheel slots onto looks straight enough...?

Any ideas, its a Vitrex - QEP Pro-750 Wet Saw 110v.

thanks

S

Scott

Lay it on a flat surface and put a steel rule across it to see if its flat. You can usually see if there is a gap underneath it anywhere.

Sometimes they blade 'flares' from side to side when you push a tile in too hard as the blade flexes under the pressure but can seem fine when you run the saw with nothing in it.

I bought a new marcrist 540 blade for my plasplugs which i believe is the same spindle diameter and blade diameter as the vitrex, and its nothing short of awesome on marble. Its really thin so cuts very fast. Not cheap at £45 (ish)but time is money!

I bought a new marcrist 540 blade for my plasplugs which i believe is the same spindle diameter and blade diameter as the vitrex, and its nothing short of awesome on marble. Its really thin so cuts very fast. Not cheap at £45 (ish)but time is money!

Do you mean the CK850? I've had one both for my Vitrex and my Rubi LS200LPS. Wonderful if expensive.

B

Bolter

I put a marcist blade in my vitrex, which was a great machine for ceramics. One day was on a porcelain job, and on one cut, I noticed the blade slowing down very slightly, a melting plastic smell, and then it all stopped. Took it all apart and the motor had got so hot it had melted the plastic casing it was in, which caused the blade to drop and tilt, and the blade cut through the bottom of the water well, and had started cutting a groove in the concrete below it!

Blade is still fine (amazing blades) but the vitrex is in a skip.

Reply to Problem with my wet cutter wheel? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Problem with my wet cutter wheel?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%