Discuss problem with villeroy & boch tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi, I am having a bathroom tiled with V&B fire & ice tiles. The same colour is being put on floor & walls. When the wall tiles started going on I noticed they were darker and a different tone. The floor looks a cream colour and walls have almost a grey tone. 600x600 floor. 600x300 walls.
The retailer cannot get the same colour code for the walls tiles and has suggested they cut 600x600 in half and fit them on the wall. I am worried this will not look good and especially as the tiles are pretty expensive.
Has anybody seen this done and if so, how did it look?

G

grumpygrouter

Hi, I am having a bathroom tiled with V&B fire & ice tiles. The same colour is being put on floor & walls. When the wall tiles started going on I noticed they were darker and a different tone. The floor looks a cream colour and walls have almost a grey tone. 600x600 floor. 600x300 walls.
The retailer cannot get the same colour code for the walls tiles and has suggested they cut 600x600 in half and fit them on the wall. I am worried this will not look good and especially as the tiles are pretty expensive.
Has anybody seen this done and if so, how did it look?
Even tiles with the same colour will look different on the walls to the floor because of the way light is reflected off it. Not sure obviously how close in colour yours are but just bear my comment in mind. Maybe check the two tiles outside in day light to see how different they are, you might be surprised. :thumbsup:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Even tiles with the same colour will look different on the walls to the floor because of the way light is reflected off it. Not sure obviously how close in colour yours are but just bear my comment in mind. Maybe check the two tiles outside in day light to see how different they are, you might be surprised. :thumbsup:

Well said GG, sometimes, laid flat they look a totally different colour, I now always tell my customers this before they order the same ceramic tiles for walls and floor, although you don't get this so much with stone or porcelain I've noticed, and the beige tones seem to be the worst culprits:thumbsup:.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Very true:

P10101452.jpg

The floor tiles here are exactly the same colour as the vertical feature on the wall

Reply to problem with villeroy & boch tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
problem with villeroy & boch tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks