Discuss Procedure: Wall tiles or floor tiles first ?? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

H

hasher69

A simple question, but my tilers have put the wall tiles on first, and are now laying the floor tiles.

This seems illogical as it is easy to see any imperfect cuts on the floor tiles.
wheras if the wall had been done last then looking down the imperfect floor tiles would be covered, and it is not immediately visable if a wall tile is cut badly.

Any suggestions would be received gratefully.

BTW I live in Thailand and 90% of the time they do things backwards here!!

H

hasher69

It is the end result which matters...
here my tilers do the walls first then rais the floor level and tile the floor.
The result is that none of the floor tiles can be slipped under the wall tules and the grout is visible whe you look down, so looks untidy.

I think much better to have the floor tiles slipped under the bottom layer of wall tiles.

But as I said earlier I live in LOS Thailand and they are very fixed in their ways .

Many Thanks,

H69

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Procedure: Wall tiles or floor tiles first ?? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello We live in a townhouse built 2007. Both the floors are concrete. The first floor kitchen...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB