UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss product i have been most impressed by last year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

every week we are bombarded by new products in the tiling industry ,the product i was most impressed with, which i discovered last year ,was the epoxy grout that comes with a certain mosaic brand,not mentioning any names here to stay on the right side of the rules , it had been years since i had used epoxy grout but when i used it last year i could not believe how easy it is now and how good the cleaning solution is .
which product/tool were you most impressed with and how did it make your life as a tiler easier ?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

Name it gary :)..

The product i was most impressed with was a leveller by mapei.....mapei fibre plan.....peeps who have used will know what i mean...
the bizazza epoxy is really easy to work with the cleaner it comes with is incredible i am doing a large porcelain glass floor(white) at the moment and will be using it to grout as i am fed up with doing beautiful floors only to see them a few months later with discoloured grouts
p.s i will definately try out the fibre plan thanks for the tip

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

Re: product i have benn most impressed by last year

Name it gary :)..

The product i was most impressed with was a leveller by mapei.....mapei fibre plan.....peeps who have used will know what i mean...
is it that good Dave? most slc's i've used,especially in a tight are have been a pain to get smooth, could really do with a good pourable slc that will more or less do the work itself!! ( or am I being lazy!)

D

DHTiling

Re: product i have benn most impressed by last year

is it that good Dave? most slc's i've used,especially in a tight are have been a pain to get smooth, could really do with a good pourable slc that will more or less do the work itself!! ( or am I being lazy!)

Only one way to find out doug...:)

Use maximum water( 6.7 ltrs) and it will flow no probs...just push it about with your float to required thickness and let it do the rest......

G

grumpygrouter

Yes Dave, last floor I did over UFH (Devi). Was very good. Only small issue I had was that my mixes weren't quite the same consistancy so had a vey slight "hump" between the two pours when it had set. No big deal though only talking a mil or two and it was a smooth transition. Was really hard to see when it was first poured cos it was late and the light was crap. could only really see the difference in the full (crap) light of day when it was set. but it did give a really smooth finish and very very easily. By far the best stuff I have used to date.

M

MTiler

the bizazza epoxy is really easy to work with the cleaner it comes with is incredible i am doing a large porcelain glass floor(white) at the moment and will be using it to grout as i am fed up with doing beautiful floors only to see them a few months later with discoloured grouts
p.s i will definately try out the fibre plan thanks for the tip

The Bisazza filgel isnt a true epoxy its their own special type, a different spec. Nice to work with though.

missyT

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to product i have been most impressed by last year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.