Discuss Product quality in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
On a kitchen fit at the moment. Old 1950s house so all plumbing is old 3/4" pipework. I've had to fix a very old seized stop **** in the first week and re-joined the pipework using compression fittings with 3/4 olives.

Got woken this morning by a call at half past 5. Customer telling me there kitchen has water peeing out everywhere. Came rushing out here to find that the nut on one of the fittings has split. This is the second one I've had on this job and the second one I've had ever. I've never known this to happen before. The pipes are in clips up the wall every 18" they run straight and upon looking at the join the olives are good. Compressed evenly and all is tickty boo.
I managed to lever the broken nut off with a screw driver. When it then snapped in half again the other side. So its now in two pieces.
Something about the nut just doesn't feel right. Its very light and almost has a plastic type feel to it. Its all stamped with the EN Numbers and that.
Anyone had any problems like this before? Is this a case of poor import stuff like the taps and brassware we were getting addy years ago?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370240185222.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370240250739.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 58
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Product quality in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
We had Lafarge gyvlon screed laid 4 years ago and are only now in a position to get it tiled. Up...
Replies
Views
Sometimes work has been hard, sometimes frustrating, stressful etc. But i can't remember the...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
G
I'm new but old to the site but don't think I've posted n the site before. I thought I would...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
D
Dear Forum ive just joined up to ask for some advice. I'm refitting and modernising our under...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB