Discuss Profile with a bit of class in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Anyone ever used Schluter Jolly-MC tile trims? Over the last 3 months, I have been doing some sub-contract work, where the designers chose Schluter Jolly-MC profiles to finish the edges of tiles.

The first shock was the price. About four times more expensive than your average metal trim. However where most metal trims are made of an anodised aluminium, the Jolly-MC is chrome plated brass. So the next surprise is the weight, it's much heavier - it feels like the weight of gold (or possibly lead lol). But it's the finish that is striking. These have a polished finish that makes everyone appreciate the trim - how often have you had the customer say "that's a nice trim" but I have also had other tradesmen approaching me on site asking about the trims, because they are so striking.

Using it takes longer. Appreciating the cost, mistakes are too expensive - everything measured twice. And again twice lol. And with the brass all to readily visible under the chrome, a lot of filing to finish rough edges is a no-no too.

Can't say I had ever heard these talked about before - and if you have a client that wants a superlative finished tile job, a cut above the rest, show them these.

http://www.schluter.co.uk/media/schlueter_db_2_3_jolly_uk_0913.pdf

H

hmtiling

Anyone ever used Schluter Jolly-MC tile trims? Over the last 3 months, I have been doing some sub-contract work, where the designers chose Schluter Jolly-MC profiles to finish the edges of tiles.

The first shock was the price. About four times more expensive than your average metal trim. However where most metal trims are made of an anodised aluminium, the Jolly-MC is chrome plated brass. So the next surprise is the weight, it's much heavier - it feels like the weight of gold (or possibly lead lol). But it's the finish that is striking. These have a polished finish that makes everyone appreciate the trim - how often have you had the customer say "that's a nice trim" but I have also had other tradesmen approaching me on site asking about the trims, because they are so striking.

Using it takes longer. Appreciating the cost, mistakes are too expensive - everything measured twice. And again twice lol. And with the brass all to readily visible under the chrome, a lot of filing to finish rough edges is a no-no too.

Can't say I had ever heard these talked about before - and if you have a client that wants a superlative finished tile job, a cut above the rest, show them these.

http://www.schluter.co.uk/media/schlueter_db_2_3_jolly_uk_0913.pdf
No offence but the ones in the link look pants. Any pics of your job?

Somerset
WP_20160725_003.jpg
No offence but the ones in the link look pants. Any pics of your job?
Yes it does look a bit average on the link. Unfortunately the pictures I took don't really show the trim (bottom right on this image).

Somerset
Are there mixed batches of tiles on that wall? Looks like 2 different shades
Yes - the tiles were supplied with a "mix from different boxes" instruction from the manufacturer. Actually, the differences only showed up when flash photograph taken. Not only were the tiles all different shades in the same box, they were also different sizes - only 1 or 2 mm difference, but that's enough to make fitting a nightmare.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Porcelanosa supply chrome plated brass but don't know the manufacturer. The bathroom I did with them was for a metalworker who insisted on using them. I was actually surprised how nice they cut.
I've just done 2 bathrooms with the Porcelanosa trims, used my makita chopsaw with a metal blade, like a knife through butter

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Profile with a bit of class in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB