UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Profiling on stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

After having a look at the JOTM entries by Spanish and Daz I'd like to know what is the best tool or attachment to achieve this look? I always leave my trav with a square edge or a mitre but really like this look and want to have a go next time I get a chance. Also is it best to do the profiling before the fitting or do it as a job lot at the end? Thanks, Bri.

Ditto! I now am going to invest in some profiling tools !!! Got some steps to do in Travertine soon and the tools will be ideal for bullnosing edges

get your self a variable speed grinder, a selection of abrasive discs and backing pads (dry use)

If you have a fein then the stone polishing pad set is worth having. (the felt pad is very usefull)

with this kit you can produce a quarter quadrant radius as shown in my jotm entry.

for a full bull nose you need the grinder bit in the variable speed grinder.

after that its just time and practice.

if Dave wanted I would be willing to help him do a bit of a training half day at a venue near us

I

Ian

get your self a variable speed grinder, a selection of abrasive discs and backing pads (dry use)

If you have a fein then the stone polishing pad set is worth having. (the felt pad is very usefull)

with this kit you can produce a quarter quadrant radius as shown in my jotm entry.

if Dave wanted I would be willing to help him do a bit of a training half day at a venue near us

That would be very kind of you Spanish, no better way to learn than watching a demonstration, then having a go. (and ruining some lovely stone!)

U

user123

'Near us', meaning near you, that means that's near me!!! :hurray: you got your first taker :hurray:

Reply to Profiling on stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Would anybody have any advice the best way to silicone these bumpy tiles. I think doing a bead...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.