Discuss protecting walls and floors from water in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

malina

Hello guys.
There is going to be a shower over the bath, no power shower though.
Tiles on the walls are 15x15cm, only around the bath, on the floor marble mosaic.
our tiler thinks that occasional shower is not going to affect the walls which are plastered.
I was thinking that he should use some tanking products though and wandering if some of bal wpi coating and some tape on the corners should be enough though? Or i should get the bal waterproofing kit? Would it be suitable for the floor as well?
any insight welcome.

M

malina

Thank you both.
Not sure about the adhesive but i bought the bal microflex wide joint gray for the floor and getting white one for the walls but for the smaller joint. Adhesive is supposed to bought by a tiler himself, he mentioned sth waterproof.

by WP1 do you mean a full kit or just the waterproof coating? The name is used sometimes for both and I get confused.
Wanted to post with a link to the grout, but it didn't let me.

Ger

TF
Dublin
Hi Malina, WP1 refers to the grey heavy liquid paint applied over the wall that forms a waterproof membrane after drying. The BAL waterproofing kit (or BAL WP1 waterproofing kit) also includes polyester reinforcing tape/matting and APD primer. If (as suggested) you are considering using the BAL WP1 waterproofing kit for showers, there is a BAL WP1 Waterproofing video (over a shower tray) on youtube that might be of interest.

M

malina

Thank you Ger, i will have a look on youtube. thats's what i need!

Well, i done something stupid and only ordered the waterproof WP1 coating and a tape. . It will arrive on monday. forgotten the bal primer. need to buy one, cos i need the walls to done and ready for tiling on Tuesday/Wednesday and considering it WP1 takes 24h to dry i have to be quick;)
Do i need to get bal APD or any other acrylic primer would do?
Found the APD in topps tile, not sure if they will have it locally as i cannot buy on line as i need it asap.

I'm a proper mess, sorry for all those questions.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to protecting walls and floors from water in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB