Discuss Protective film stuck on Mosaics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

32alan

I put up some mosaics over the weekend in the shower. As instructed on here, to remove the protect film before I grout. All went well and spent hours and I mean hours taking the protective film off every dam tile when up on wall - very boring!!!
Now that I've taken off all the protective film off, on a lot of the tiles there is some glue residue and some plastic that is stuck fast. Problem I have is that I don't want to scrap them as these are metal faced and will scratch.
I have got some label remover from Maplins which is doing the job, but will take me to this time next year to get it all off, also it's a killer on the lungs.
Any advice on how to get this off in a reasonable time?
Also not sure how the grouting is going to go now that all the film is off, will have to be very careful, any advice on this as well please.
Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

P

peckers

When grouting use a soft rubber grout float, you need to fill the joints in with out keeping going over the same area to avoid over working this area and scratching, dont make grout to stiff, dont let the grout dry on the tiles,
and rinse your sponge very regulary dont let it clog up with grout. almost one wipe then rinse.(but at the same time avoid over wetting the area as its easy to wash the grout out with metal mosaics.)
If you have got a spare shhet try your grout on that first to see how you get on.

32alan

You would have thought the tile supplier would have pre warned you?

Then again alot of the guys in these places look like they're just stepped off the set of Shaun of the dead.

Bob, you would have thought they would warn me at least, but then they want to sell them not keep them in stock. Thankfully its not as bad as deanotile's, and think that the hair dryer will do the trick with the Maplin label remover and a plastic scrapper. Fingers crossed, as its come out a mint job.

Also 'Shaun of the dead' tiles did cost me an arm and leg, yum, yum.

Reply to Protective film stuck on Mosaics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I’ve put up mosaic tiles and some of them (the shiny metal ones) have a protective film...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Protective film stuck on Mosaics
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks