Currently reading:
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling

Discuss PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling

Don’t listen to that idiot on handyman can. lol He’s an idiot who doesn’t have a clue when it comes to tiling. MANY PEOPLE THINK THAT P.V.A. IS OK AS A PRIMER ON WALLS AND FLOORS SO I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD LET YOU SEE THIS AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL ENLIGHTEN SOME NEWCOMERS OR EVEN […]

The post PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling appeared first on Tile Blog | Tiling Advice - Tilers Blog on Tilers Forums.

PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling | Click here to read more

Last edited:
PVA is the number one builder's choice, unexperienced tilers, plumbers, bath fitters use that as well. It is a huge error within the building industry. The PVA is water soluble, therefore, soon as the moisture kicks in the tile falls off the wall. I have encountered loads of failed tile jobs due to using PVA as a primer.

The alternative to PVA is the SBR which you buy at the local tile shops

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Revamp Your Space on a Budget: Where to Find Affordable and Quality Cheap Floor Tiles <p>When...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a question that I already think i know the answer to but I just need...
Replies
Views
We needed a tiler to lay 46m2 of 800mm tiles to a concrete floor in our new shop. Everyone we...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB