Discuss Q:2 Sparkle Floor Tiles On Shower Walls in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

S

silverpuma

Another question along my bathroom journey

Is there any reason why I could not use the 600x600 sparkle black floor tiles in the shower walls with a few cuts (just a 760 x 760 shower tray/enclosure) I am assuming I would need really strong adhesive and waterproof grout? I like this idea (apart from the nice appearance) as I would have less joints for water penetration and I could use black grout so again easier to keep clear.

Again with the sand cement walls I'm hoping this substructure will be strong enough for the heavier tiles.

I would be using other 600 x 300 porcelain tiles on the other walls

I had look at Lustrolite and other shower wall panels spin offs but they are very expensive so the sparkle tiles still look good (my wife's fav as they are polished and sparkle:)) and at a lower cost especially with my free installation costs...!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd assume they're fine. It's the weight more than anything when using floor tiles on walls. Check the weight per square meter with the seller. Then check that the adhesive is suitable for that weight, and the substrate you're tiling is okay for that weight (including adhesive and grout per square meter).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Those particular ones on the topps website appear to be fine for walls and floor and also bathrooms. Doesn't say shower areas mind.

Made from the finest quality hard quartz and resin, the super-lux Stardust range features glistening shards of mirror to create a twinkling effect reminiscent of a clear night sky. The long lasting combination of quartz and resin make them scratch and stain resistant; an ideal choice for today's modern lifestyle.

Ideal for both walls and floors, Stardust White is versatile enough to be used alone or alongside co-ordinating tiles from the Stardust range.

With its beautiful design, Stardust Black 60x60 is great for adding a new dimension to any Bathroom, Conservatory or Kitchen. Stardust Black 60x60 is a 60cm x 60cm Gloss tile. This Black tile is suitable for Floors. Priced at £50.72 per tile, this tile is ideal for creating a beautiful look in your home.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Q:2 Sparkle Floor Tiles On Shower Walls in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB