Discuss Q:3 Advice Of Corner Grouting And Adhesive Etc. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

silverpuma

Hi all, another basic question. How best or does it matter to position tiles where they meet in corners. I saw a video last year on youtube about filling the corners of the shower walls with waterproof grout as being better than grout and a silicon bead? Any thoughts?

1. I need 16 sq m of tile so I'm allowing 18 sq m is this ok?

2. My walls are sand and cement and include will include a 760 x 760 shower tray/enclosure in one corner how much and what type of adhesive and grout would you recommend?

3. Should I use all waterproof adhesive and grout since its a small shower room?

4. What size of joints should I use 2,3 or 4 mm.

5. I'll be using 600 x 300 porcelain tiles on the walls and 600 x 600 floor sparkle tiles on the shower walls (less joints and I like the look) do I need these leveling kits that make sure the tile edges are level or is this an overkill for the small area I'm doing?

All help welcomed

See pic for my attempt to explain..........

WP_20150620_002.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
S

silverpuma

Always silicone your internal corners, most of the grout manufacturers have colour matched silicones to match their grouts. Make sure you use a powdered cement based adhesive, don't be tempted to use ready mixed adhesive on a tile that size. You would do what you have drawn in the bottom pic by the way, then silicone the gap, leave 2-3mm to silicone.
Thanks Bri, any recommendations on the actual adhesive and grout or does the brand matter?

All waterproof or just in the shower walls?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Q:3 Advice Of Corner Grouting And Adhesive Etc. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB