Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Qrock problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Glen

Hello everyone,

My tiler recently tiled my ensuite wall and floor with black qrock tiles. They looked great. However when I wiped them over the water (about 2 weeks later) revealed signicant quantities of grout on the tiles. I went to topps where I bought the tiles and they sold me tile stain remover which did nothing to remove it. I returned to topps and was recommended fila extra strong grout remover and a pack of four gradiated abrasive sponges, white, orange, red and black. I mixed the solution with water as per the instructions, applied direct to the tiles, left a few minutes and then attempted to remove with all four sponges. The only one which had any effect was the black one, (the most abrasive) and this required a fair amount of pressure and a water\grout remover mix ratio of 1:5 . I carried on. Whilst the tiles were wet (and the lighting in the room was quite poor at the time) things looked to be going ok. However once the tiles had dried and the lighting completed, the tiles had patchy areas which could not be removed. It looks as though the pressure applied to the tiles with the black pad has damaged the surface of the tiles. Bugger. Is this possible and if so is there any procedure I can follow to restore a uniform surface of the tile. ps the grout between the tiles also went grey and I have had to recolor it with aqua mix grout colorant.

Reply to Qrock problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Qrock problem
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.