Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Quartz 600 x 600mm installation - Advice pls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Richard Edwards

I've read a couple of posts re quartz and the issues of delamination and curling up at the edges and it sounds dreadful. I will be going to look at a job soon 150m 2 of 600x600 Quartz 10mm thick.

I do not know what kind of screed we have until I see it - however its heated with hot water system and it will be a premier quality job if the construction co doing the work are true to form.

Basically what adhesive is recommmend for this Quartz tile assuming a heated screed - either standard cement/sand screed or an anhydrite screed - If it Anhydrite maybe if Ajax sees this post he could comment

Many thanks

Richard

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Ufortuntely I am not prepared to make a positive recomendation on this one, regardless of the screed type in all honesty, other than to say I don't beleive, based on research over the last few months and first hand knowledge of 3 incidents of 10mm resin quartz tiles curling over underfloor heating, that these tiles are suitable for this application. Sounds harsh I know but it is heart breaking to see good people seriously disappointed and financially battered because the tiles have curled and delaminated.

For what it is worth I would not use these tiles on a heated screed. B&Q say theirs are not suiable

R

Richard Edwards

Thank you for the replies to date - If anyone else has any experience of laying Quartz on a water heated screed and have used special / specific adhesive / grout - please let me know. This job is 150m2 and it would keep me occupied for a bit - That said I do not want a bag full if issues.

Ajax - The ones that you are aware of curling up at the edges etc - were they on electric or water heated systems - ?

Thanks in advance

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thank you for the replies to date - If anyone else has any experience of laying Quartz on a water heated screed and have used special / specific adhesive / grout - please let me know. This job is 150m2 and it would keep me occupied for a bit - That said I do not want a bag full if issues.

Ajax - The ones that you are aware of curling up at the edges etc - were they on electric or water heated systems - ?

Thanks in advance

All on wet heated screeds. All the tiles were from the same source. Company based in the North East. All of the issues I have been aware of are from the same tile outlet.

Reply to Quartz 600 x 600mm installation - Advice pls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Be the Best with BAL! The importance of correct training should never be underestimated. As the...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Quartz 600 x 600mm installation - Advice pls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.