Currently reading:
Quartz Flr Tiles for Electric Underfloor Heating - Is Quartz Suitable?

Discuss Quartz Flr Tiles for Electric Underfloor Heating - Is Quartz Suitable? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

shoes22

Hi There,
Need advice please, we are set on buying White Mirror fleck Quartz tiles for our Conservatory (new built) and we definitely would want to install underfloor heating. The company we bought the underfloor heating materials warned us to be careful and confirm first if Quartz is suitable for UFH as it is a man made material made of Resin and some degree of Quartz varying from 90 to 95% Quartz depending on various retailers shop or online. Basically he is saying that some of the Fitters he dealt with had some issues with Quartz tiles being fitted on UFH.
Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

R

Rookery

Re: Quartz Flr Tiles for Electric Underfloor Heating - Is Quartz Suita

It's good to know that some suppliers of Ufh give the warning about Quartz.
You have been saved a lot of money!
Agreed. I can imagine some retailers rubbing their hands together at the thought of a sale of quartz & ufh with all the trimmings.
I also wouldnt fix quartz over ufh.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quartz Flr Tiles for Electric Underfloor Heating - Is Quartz Suitable? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB