UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss quartz granite tiles staining in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

prceramics

just been to price up a regrout on quartz granite tiles (white) they have been down a year and stains are appearing they look like tea stains, the Manufacturers instuctions say non porus no need to seal the cleaners have been using non bleach cleaning products any ideas how to remove these stains ?
20120229_100019.jpg

Also they wanted the whole floor regrouting because they have replaced four tiles that were badly stained and the new grout looks bad against the old dirty grout do you think it would be a better idea due to the price these tiles would cost to replace to clean the existing grout and seal ?
20120229100024w.jpg

P

prceramics

real quartz should not stain with tea but there are some quartz tiles on the market with have ahight marble content and a low quartz content these stain very easly .try rubbing some tooth paste white with a dry cloth on the marks .before pricing to re grout .do a small area see how hard grout is to remove
they are not tea stains they just look like them at first thought might be the adhesive bleeding through but they have been down a year, think i will stay away from the regrout as only a 1mm grout line and think would risk damaging the tiles . will try the toothpaste on the stains :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to quartz granite tiles staining in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We inherited split face tiles on a feature wall in our ensuite. In my naivety over the last few...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.