Discuss Quartz tiles and underfloor heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jack123

Hi.
hope someone can advise on this matter once and for all.
I've recently built a fair size kitchen extension. Block and beam floor with concrete block in fills .
It's kingspanned and will have a 65mm screed on top of a wet underfloor heating system .
approx 6m x6m.
We've been considering the black quartz tiles for the floor 600x600.(sparkly effect)
The problem now is whilst looking around different local retailers I've received very conflicting info.
The tile retailer I use and trust said I should steer clear of these tiles with underfloor heating because of tile cupping or bending due to the resin in the tile.
Now I'm confused ....
Only yesterday 2 big retailers said the tiles would be fine if laid properly over a underfloor heating system.
claiming there quartz tiles were 97% quartz .
Both these retailers said they had never heard of their tiles bending ....
anybody on here actually fitted these and with a underfloor heating system and had no problems??
Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quartz tiles and underfloor heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We had a water underfloor heating installed and tiled over. 3 months later we noticed many tiles...
Replies
Views
Amethsyt
A
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
We are in a process of re-decorating our kitchen - approx 25m2. For the new kitchen decided to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help. in June 18 we had some tiles fitted to the kitchen and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB