UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss quartz tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

did an insurance job for a contractor last week quartz floor tiles and 20x10 metro brick bond. give him a good price on that and made more off the job he threw my way this week and next.
the customer has had a look as whole house has been vacated, and she loves it and would like to continue the work in to the dining room. as a private job(as not included in insurance.)
i give a good price to the contractor but learned how tough they were to work with and wished i charged more.
i was hoping on getting some advice on pricing about 27m2.
i want to make a decent amount of money as she is clearly impressed with what she has already.
i am trying to build a reputation on good value(not cheap) quality work. and pricing is clearly that crutial piece of the puzzle of the goldylocks pricing(not too cheap or too dear)

any advice thanks will be given.

J

jwatson

there will be floor prep. the house must be 100 year old> wooden floor (overboarding, ??noggins???.)
kitchen extension floor is of concrete construction leading onto wooden dining room.
expansion joint to be fitted between kitchen and dining room.
will be a big job for me.
mapei products to be used keraquick ect. think the grout and silicone chart from suzie swong this one.:smilewinkgrin:

I

Ian

Make sure your prep is priced separately from the tiling as it sounds like you have a fair bit to do. Also be careful that the contractor doesn't get wind of this work if you are missing him out in the chain, remember, he introduced you to the client and may feel a little miffed if he doesn't get a small piece of the pie for giving you the lead, even if it's only a few quid you offer him, it will ensure that bridges aren't burnt. Just a thought.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to quartz tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
I’ve got 3/4” MDF over 1-1/2” t&g car decking, over 6x8” joists on 48” centers. All solid, good...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
quartz tiles.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.