UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: £40/sq mt.................:smilewinkgrin:

I'd think if the question was based on the same make of Quartz from different suppliers then it would be down to their mark up and distribution/overheads.
I'd purchase a sample of both price range and compare and if off the internet confirm the sample is the stock item.
In general the price 'could' reflect the quality of the tile but that is not always the case.
Other members may have purchased this product from one of your tile suppliers, so if you'd like to provide more information to this thread a more sensible reply then mine may be forthcoming.

G

Gazzer

In the world of Ebay you often see a tile cutting machine for sale with a price of around £750 but then an identical machine for £1000....Go figure....They are exactly the same just that the higher priced seller is waiting for someone with too much money than sense to come along.

Now with your tiles the same thing may apply but without knowing if the £80m2 tiles are exactly the same as the £40m2 tiles then its hard to say. The market is flooded at the moment with this type of tile and the quality varies enormously . You really need to know what you are buying for your £.

M

mancuniandragon

Thanks for the quick reply i have sent for a sample from a company not far from you ie Durhan Crystal Stone £39.99 sq m and i have one from Stone superstone in Manchester same price. They are Black Quartz for a kitchen.I have also looked in Topps Tiles £6.90 a tile special offer, Al Jurad £9. a tile & Tile Depot £14. but would price match?? not knowing what to look for hence the question

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me going rates please £30m2 ceramic and porcelain or £205 day rate Starting at...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.