UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss quartz virgin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Quartz is essentially a constituent of granite and is commonly found as an accessory to other natural stone. Its use in construction is due to abundance and high thermal properties, but in terms of treating quartz to preserve its natural appearance you need to bear in mind that it is naturally porous and will stain easily. Care should be taken when laying tiles, clean it before grouting using a Neutral pH cleaner (because it is calcite rich and acid free cleaner should be used), then seal it using either a water or solvent based sealer. To finish - you can add a wax based polish (unless it gets wet regularly - a waxed floor is very slippery when wet).

What products? Personal choice here - I would use Filacleaner and (if it has a polished finish) Filastone Plus. LTP sponsor this forum and can provide suitable alternative products.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to quartz virgin in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Deleted member 57709
D
J
Hi. hope someone can advise on this matter once and for all. I've recently built a fair size...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
W
Hello, new to the forum so apologies for jumping straight in with a question! I'm due to start...
Replies
Views
wilma
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.