Currently reading:
Question about laying tiles over UFH matting

Discuss Question about laying tiles over UFH matting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

If I have already laid the matting, either in SLC or rapid flexy adhesive, allowed it time to set / dry and I am then going to spread & lay some more flexy on top for the tiles... Is it better to use a notched trowel or not. I'm thinking that if I use a notched trowel to even the spread of adhesive, when putting a tile on top, it will inevitably have air trapped in places beneath the tile. When the UFH is switched on (eventually) these air pockets might expand greater than the surrounding adhesive and potentially lift the tile or crack the grout? I have laid a few floors with UFH and I have used a notched trowel, but this question has always been in the back of my mind, I am shortly going to do a large job with UFH and thought I'd raise this point and get it settled once and for all (for peace of mind)... What do you folks think?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Question about laying tiles over UFH matting in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB