Discuss question concerning expansion joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
all expansion joints need to be respected but if you have a expansion joint in the middle of a room and a full tile overlaps it by an inch or two ie :the tile is not in line with the joint is that a no no or is there room for play either side of the joint
to a certain distance

the standards say the tile joint should reflect the subfloor joint but in reality it will depend on a number of factors as to how flexible you can be with this. The subfloor type, the tile type, the adhesive type, the presence of UFH etc etc...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to question concerning expansion joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi first timer to tile, im getting all my prep work and tools. My question is will the self...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB