Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Questioning my preperation and tiling on top of devimat in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hot Shot

Firstly, my apologies to everyone for my method of questioning, I have a problem with a customer of which i'm pretty much 100% sure what the problem is , i'm as certain that all of you will probably agree with me.

However, if you'll indulge me a little

My first questions would be on screeding over the devimat, do most people here use SLC or do you often use the same flexible adhesive that you intend to fix the tiles with?

Also, (despite being slightly more difficult for the tiler), do you ever screed ,comb and tile as you go?

H

Hot Shot

I think that's probably enough answers for me to go on

To make the situation clearer, i've done loads of tiling over devimat and this is my first ever problem, in most cases i've screeded and tiled the next day simply because it was mosaic and far easier to tile on a flat surface.

In this case it was a wet room with the main showering area about 900 by 1200 tiled in mosaic and 300x600 tiles outwith

Thanks for the advice and again apologies for being vague initially, I can assure you everything done in preperation from joists up to mat including all tanking etc was done to the letter, my only niggling doubt was in screeding and tiling the floor.

I screeded the entire showering area and approx 600mm outside too and started tiling the next day, the rest I screeded as I tiled, I take on board the point of not achieving full coverage but i'm fairly confident maximum coverage was achieved all the same.

The problem is there is cracks appearing in some of the grout outwith the shower area, despite being given stern advice on not using the heating for at least two weeks and then gradually bringing it up in heat thereafter, the customer in his arrogant wisdom turned it on two days later.

The screeding method was the only thing I could think of that I may have done differently from others.

Like I said above, this is the first time i've ever had a problem with under tile heating wether in a wet room or not , but then again it's the first time i've ever had a customer daft/arrogant enough to ignore advice and turn their heating on.

Thanks to those who read and or replied, any further comments more than welcome

Reply to Questioning my preperation and tiling on top of devimat in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Questioning my preperation and tiling on top of devimat
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks