UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Questions? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

carlito

Hi all,

Just went to check out a job today and here goes..

The customer wants 18m2 of tiling (Full bathroom) large format 300x410 tiles straight tiling no patterns.

There is no bath just a shower unit that they have had installed in one corner of the room.

Two of the walls are plastered finishes, and two walls including the wall that the shower is being directly attached to are bare plasterboard. They have already had the shower tray installed (Confused?) and I have reccomended that these walls and below the tray needs tanking.

Am i right in thinking that the shower tray has to come out if the tanking is to be done properly?

Is it ok to just tank directly onto the bare plasterboard?

Cheers

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

best way to seal a shower tray sillcone wall loads of. push shower tray to wall squeezing out sillcone this sticks shower tray to wall leave to dry cut off exsess sillcone . sillcone tray push tiles into wet sillcone let dry. cut off exess sillcon .grout tiles . resillcon tray to tiles leaving nice clean lines. 3 different sealings .tray stuck to wall .will not leak .ps never tile a shower that goes under the wall. these always leak. they used to make these a few years a go .but seemed to have stopped i wonder why

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Questions? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.