UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Quote or estimate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Same as Stewart. My t&c's are included with every quote state that the quote is based on what is known (can be seen) and any remedial (or in some jobs substantial) works to prepare substrate etc will incur an additional cost. I do always highlight this and the potential costs to the customer at the very beginning as we all know what horrors are lurking behind some tiled surfaces!!!

My t&c's are nearly an A4 page long now...... I know for a fact that nobody reads them though, as they always ask me questions which are there written in black & white!!! At least I know I am covered as they sign a copy of quote inc t&c's prior to any work commencing. I also have a few disclaimers written up for various types of jobs too

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rich

I have provided an estimate on the odd occasion for people who want a badly fitted wet room ripped out & replaced as leaking into the room downstairs

Same as. I quote almost all the time unless Im pricing off plan or there is a lot of work to do by other trades before I go in. Had a chat with a guy the other day who only ever sends an estimate, thought it was odd.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quote or estimate? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’ve had a quote for Labour for the flowing 3 jobs. Kitchen splash back, shower...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
At Boston Fire and Flood, we specialize in fast and reliable water damage restoration services...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.