UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Quote, reasonable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,

I’ve had a quote for Labour for the flowing 3 jobs. Kitchen splash back, shower enclosure and fire surround. I’ve been quoted £950. Does this sound reasonable for the work being undertaken? Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4388.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4387.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4386.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4297.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 36

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Note it's in Chester. Possibly the next most pricey after London.

The metros might be a pain around a window if they finish full tile then cut tile then full tile etc the trim only fits nice on one or the other. So then the setting out means all your external edges need to be cut tile.

Scrap that I just looked again and it's just the two walls.

Might seem slightly on the high side but it's 3 small areas and they can be a pain but 3 in one hit should be much quicker as the stuff is already out like.

Just IMO.

You got the stuff to tank the shower? You want a good BAL WP1 or whatever it is called these days. Mapei and weber do ones too.

See what Dave thinks he's the man.

The metros might be a pain around a window if they finish full tile then cut tile then full tile etc the trim only fits nice on one or the other. So then the setting out means all your external edges need to be cut tile.

Might seem slightly on the high side but it's 3 small areas and they can be a pain but 3 in one hit should be much quicker as the stuff is already out like.

Just IMO.

You got the stuff to tank the shower? You want a good BAL WP1 or whatever it is called these days. Mapei and weber do ones too.

Yeah I’ve got the tanking kit. Mapei. I had classi seal, but didn’t think it was great

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham

Just IMO.

Just on hols lol.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah I’ve got the tanking kit. Mapei. I had classi seal, but didn’t think it was great

A bit pricey id be expecting a real nice job for that money

I'm with Kastar a bit here. Kinda on the high side but location and lack of tilers there can contribute.

Did you get 3 or so quotes? If so what were the price of the others? If not maybe get 2 more quotes mate.

Is the company that quoted you tilers only (as in they only do tiling)? And is it a VAT registered company (as that will add 20%) for them to get paid the same as somebody not VAT registered.

So there's a fair bit that goes into pricing and why you can get such swings from above average to below average.

A bit of a nice read. A few pages of replies. But good info.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quote, reasonable? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.