Discuss Quoting on first Quartz Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clipboard2008

Hi All

I'm quoting on my first resin filled quartz job and wondering what I need to be aware of?

I'm laying on a ground floor of a house into a Kitchen, Hallway and Toilet on a concrete floor.

What Adhesive do I need to use?
Can I use Bal Microflex Grout?
Will I have any issues with cutting the Quartz?
Anything else I need to be aware of?

Laid lots of travertine and limestone and had no issues at all, so just want to make sure there are no surprises with the Quartz

Thanks for your help in advance

Cheers

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi All

I'm quoting on my first resin filled quartz job and wondering what I need to be aware of?

I'm laying on a ground floor of a house into a Kitchen, Hallway and Toilet on a concrete floor.

What Adhesive do I need to use?
Can I use Bal Microflex Grout?
Will I have any issues with cutting the Quartz?
Anything else I need to be aware of?

Laid lots of travertine and limestone and had no issues at all, so just want to make sure there are no surprises with the Quartz

Cheers

Hi, are you fixing over ufh?:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

Hi All

What Adhesive do I need to use? i always use flexible anyway and would prefer it with any stone

Can I use Bal Microflex Grout? yes
Will I have any issues with cutting the Quartz? only wet cut as usual with stone work,work clean and seal as they will stain
Anything else I need to be aware of? use a good quality impregnator to get a good shine and follow the instuctions

Cheers
good luck

i would also use the door threshold for expansions if your not laying ditra or ufh

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

YourTiler

I used all flexible when I did a conny with ufh, on a concrete floor, got some pics somewhere. I'll sort them for tomorrow

Still all intact with no problems with the tiles

Flexible adhesive and grout..... Used them for a conservatory - green and grey. Looked really nice when finished. Got some pics somewhere

I'll post them tomorrow if they are to hand. Wet cuts - with it being resin, they're pretty easy to cut

:oops::lol::lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quoting on first Quartz Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Quoting on first Quartz Job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.