UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss rangers fc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
dire straits for the gers at the moment and also cant understand so many opposition fans thinking this is great news to see rangers dissolve like this as imo the knock on effect will have a huge negative effect on scottish football

not sure if i have read deep enough into this but the players were asked to take pay cuts as the only route to keep the club afloat at present and they havent agreed!!!!:yikes: they are not going to get full pay surely or redundancy packages?

any opinions on whats happening at rangers?

S

Stef

We were put in administration through the small tax bill, £9million.

The big tax bill £49/£75 million is still going through the courts.

We have until tomorrow to make a deal with the administrators to try & cut 1million per month from the operating costs of running the club, thats why they have asked the players to take a wage cut.
The higher earners, McGregor, Davis, Whittaker etc will be 75% cuts,
The middle earners 50% cuts & the lower earners 25% cuts.

Talks have stalled, seemingly agents of the players now getting involved.

I still think Craig Whyte has a plan but he has to show his hand quickly. From day 1 he was always going to put the club into administration but i dont think even he realised how this would pan out into this situation.

Sky can pull the plug on the 80million TV deal they have in place if either of the old firm arent playing in scotland so its dire straights for the whole of scottish football & not just rangers.

S

Stef

Jamie its not a good situation & i honestly never thought i would get to see it this bad.

I have followed Rangers right through Europe over the years & lapped up all the good times but the only thing im worrying about now is whether we survive or not.

They are saying that everything is going to get sold, ie Ibrox & Murray park, the 2 of those are worth roughly £110million so its not as if we dont have collateral behind us.

We only owe £9million as it stands so i cant understand the situation.

Craig Whyte offered £4.3 of the £9mill to the taxman on the friday we went into administration but the taxman knocked it back, C Whyte was in dispute about the rest of the money owed, in that was £1million VAT on the sale of Jelavic to Everton.

I think the taxman is just making an example of Rangers as a warning to other clubs.

Arsenal have already been through this, they owed about £150mill & HMRC took a token payment of £10mill.

I lot of clubs have went down this payment to players route, Tax avoidance.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to rangers fc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
It will take 3 years for Rangers to get back into the scottish prem league if they win each...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.