UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss rapid set vs standard set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I am considering giving up using rapid set(spf r) on the majority of my commercial work due to the high level of waste involved ,we lose countless of bags where subbies are knocking up gorilla buckets of rapid and having it set then throwing half of it in the skip,I am trying to guage whether the cost of occasionally someone walking on the work and having to reset tiles from time to time would outway the cost of all the adhesive that goes off before its used .what are your opinions on this? as I think if we make up good signage and hi vis bunting to stop idiots walking on wet floors we could save a lot of money over a year

G

Gazzer

When ever possible i use standard set but you have already mentioned the problems. That said why not work out the adhesive required for the job and tell them there is enough to do it ( with extra to be on the safe side) and tell them any extra comes out their money.....I bet they would be more careful then.
As for signage to stop people walking on the floor :lol::lol::lol::lol:....whats your next joke ?

D

doug boardley

I must admit, I use standard set the majority of the time on walls, unless it's a job that I can get tiled and grouted the same day, or on the last tiling day of a job that means I can get it grouted too.
I nearly always use rapid on floors tho' as most times I dry lay a significant area first and that means I get little wastage on the addy as I'm not having to fiddle about with cuts while it's in the tub.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hiya gary,cant you work out what materials are needed and set up some sort of system for your subbies so they know what they are going to be allocated for each job on a spec sheet before they start...if they go wasting full gorilla buckets of addy ove the top of your allowance well thats coming out there pocket.soon put a stop to wastage:thumbsup: subby or not wasting peoples money like that is unprofessional and imo not a good trait

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to rapid set vs standard set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
T
I currently have several ongoing customer issues that I am investigating where ceramic tiles are...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.