Discuss Re: Hi Everyone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

carlgeez

Hello all,

I have signed up to the forum as I was wondering if any of you kind people would be able to offer guidance or any advice.

I have been a stay at home dad for the last 3 years after taking redundancy from my previous job in banking. I decided to be a stay at home dad due to the ludicrous cost of childcare each month for our 3 children[emoji34]

This time next year they will all be in school and I really fancy becoming self employed! Even though my background is banking I am hands on with all the DIY and really could kick myself that I never got a trade after school. Anyway I really fancy becoming a self employed tiler as I feel it would be something I'm good at and I have an eye for detail.

I'm based between Liverpool and Chester and was wondering if anyone could point me down the right avenue before I spend ££££'s on a course which counts for nothing within the tiling trade.

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for being so long winded!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

My reply would cost £25 and when it rained it would disappear.

Not sure if any advice I could offer would be of any help as IMHO any course would not set you up as a self employed tradesman and you'd struggle for work putting stress and strain on your family.
Our industry is certainly picking up of late and there are shortages of skilled labour in some areas of the country, but if you consider working 50 weeks a year for the minimum wage you could make more money with holidays and sick pay than you could trying to find work as a tiler in the first 2 years.
But as this is the best job in the world you could enjoy it!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Re: Hi Everyone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm really sorry to bore Many of you. I didn't want to hijack another post. I'm 42 good...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
new to this forum, Just wondering if any of you guys can give me any advice on a job im about to...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
L
Hi everyone I have been lurking on the site for a while getting helpful tips and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
D
New on the trade, been lurking for awhile, tons of good info here! Suppose i'll take the chance...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB