Discuss Re:Painted Walls and Tanking in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bob540

Hi Guys, i need some advise in this area, i have 3 showers to install and tile, all the walls have been dot and dabbed and skimmed and painted, i understand that cement board is the best option but i dont want to rip all that has been done out. so i saw the mapei water proof kit, looks good but it does not say anything about painted skimmed walls, could you advise me on this, can i just use the waterproofing solution and then tile stone tiles on top. should i sand off the paint first? please help. cheers, bob

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Re:Painted Walls and Tanking in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB