Discuss Re-posted . Please read your insurance policy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Looks like no one could reply as I used the word, print! In the title. So here we go.

As a few of you are aware, I had my garage broken into and about £2500 of tools/stock stolen.
having never claimed off ANY insurance in my life (49 year old) . I decided I should claim on my household insurance. My policy says £4000 of cover, so went through the claims process only to be told today that in the small print it says that, trade tools used for work are not covered!!
on the insurance form I was asked what I did for a living and if I worked from home.
So where did they expect me to store tools???
so my advice would be for everyone to check all small print and ring your insurance to make sure tools stored in your garage are covered.

S

Spud

Looks like no one could reply as I used the word, print! In the title. So here we go.

As a few of you are aware, I had my garage broken into and about £2500 of tools/stock stolen.
having never claimed off ANY insurance in my life (49 year old) . I decided I should claim on my household insurance. My policy says £4000 of cover, so went through the claims process only to be told today that in the small print it says that, trade tools used for work are not covered!!
on the insurance form I was asked what I did for a living and if I worked from home.
So where did they expect me to store tools???
so my advice would be for everyone to check all small print and ring your insurance to make sure tools stored in your garage are covered.
perhaps next time ,god forbid ,tell them the tools stolen were DIY tools owned by your wife that way they would be obliged to pay out

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Yeah I was aware household insurance doesn't cover trade tools, it often doesn't cover things like PC's and laptops too if they are used for business, so you should chek that too.

One thing Chalker, have you checked your public liability insurance? many now do include tool cover up to a small amount like a few grand as standard. Worth a look mate
Thanks for that. Spoke to them today (corgi) fingers crossed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Re-posted . Please read your insurance policy in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

New Tilers Van Insurance Provider - But what makes a good van insurance firm these days -...
Replies
Views
Any of you have your tools insured? I have a PL insurance policy that doesn't cover any tools to...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
S
Thought I'd post this as a warning to any guys out there that have their vans sign written but...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB