Discuss Re tiling a job previously done by a 5 year old! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

prceramics

Tile on wood in a tub!!!
if only it was that easy

20130320_115943_resized.jpg

have any of you heard of or used Fast Flex from bal?,not sure if they still do it at topps if you ever used it you will know it sticks like wotsit to a blanket and you can use it on timber floors, i once had to replace a few tiles in a bathroom and it was fetching the floor boards up with it,not the nicest adhesive to work with but my god did it stick well

S

Stef

have any of you heard of or used Fast Flex from bal?,not sure if they still do it at topps if you ever used it you will know it sticks like wotsit to a blanket and you can use it on timber floors, i once had to replace a few tiles in a bathroom and it was fetching the floor boards up with it,not the nicest adhesive to work with but my god did it stick well

Was that not Elastomeric adhesive from Bal?

Did a job the other week customer had tubs of Unibond tile and grout he got in a sale £3.90 a tub did not want to use it but would have lost the job so had a compromise just used it on the floors but used powdered grout it was a bit like Bal-flex could not grout for 48 hours but it did stick. And regarding Bal fast flex had a major fail with that stuff had to do a grp balcony did every thing by the book as never tile to grp before, in two weeks started to lift, stuck to the tile but came clean away from the grp, called in the Bal tech guy ,he turned up and together we both fixed a few tiles went back a few days later and they failed, the result from Bal was,the fixer was to blame so will not use the stuff again,have since found out from a boat builder that in the process of using grp it forms a wax on the surface so this in his opinion is what the adhesive was sticking to.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Re tiling a job previously done by a 5 year old! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have had a nightmare job I probably shouldn’t have took on. Called to a customers...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB